Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Rob, Doug G. and I headed to St. Louis over Labor Day weekend for the Gateway Cup. 150 Cat 3 guys (and one Pro woman on Friday) lined up for four days of crit racing. Friday's race was under under the lights...unfortunately, not too many lights.














The course was dark, especially on the back straight. I got caught up in a crash just 10 minutes into the race. I took the free lap and jumped back in to finish the first night of racing. A big congratulations to Isaiah for his win on Friday night. A C-bus rider schooled some of the best Cat 3s in the mid-west.

Good job to Rob for hanging in on Saturday. I couldn't get right in the head for racing on Saturday. 150 Cat 3 racers on a one mile, eight turn course was too much for me. I was still sitting in the middle of the field when I decided to pull and get out of the way.

















A better race for me on Sunday at the "Tour of the Hill". I was feeling good until five laps to go on the one mile course. The 95 degree heat finally got to me and and I had to sit up or throw up. Disappointed I didn't finish but happy to last to nearly the end. Will I do it again? Ask me next August.

I drove home after the race on Sunday and spent Monday afternoon enjoying a good bottle of Chimay...














0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home