Sunday, August 17, 2008

The team had a good showing at the Buckeye Criterium on Sunday. A typical parking lot course on the campus of The Ohio State University. We had a big turnout with seven Walker riders at the start line. Rob and Doug G. were aggressive throughout the race. Rob bridged to the first serious move off the front but was brought back after a few laps. He was off the front again a lap later, this time solo and was again brought back after a few laps off the front. Doug was next to bridge to two riders and it started to look like he might have made the winning break but everyone was back together with four laps to go. The field sprint ended with a couple of Echelon guys going 1 - 2. Rob was 8th and John 9th. Me? I rolled in with the rest of the DNPs in the field. I was hurting from a crash that happened about 20 minutes in. I'm not exactly sure what happened, other than I touched wheels with the rider in front...one second I'm up and the next I'm rolling across the pavement. I'm surprised only three of us came down as the fall happened right at the front of the field. I took my free lap and jumped back in but never got into the groove. The worst part? I ripped up a new pair of shorts. Oh well.










I consoled myself later with one of these...










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home