Saturday, March 22, 2008

Tour de Beer

Rob, Todd, Dan, Jason and I made the trip down to Blowville, Ohio (yes, Blowville) for the Tour de Beer last Sunday. The race was put on by the guy who does the Godzulla stuff. I really liked the concept, a local cycling club needs beer money so they put on a bike race and call it Tour be Beer.

Not a whole lot to report, a couple of riders get away early, we let them go and they win by 1:30. We, the team, did spend a lot of time at the front pulling the field around. I definitely got my work in for the day. Todd said he was feeling good so we decided to lead him out for the field sprint. Rob, Dan and I lined up in front of Todd as we closed in on the finish line. Dan got pinched out of line at some point and left it to Rob and I to get Todd to the line. Rob kept it wound up and pulled off to leave it for me to take Todd as close as I could. I left Todd a little further from the finish line than I wanted but he was able to hold on to take the sprint.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh sure, you participate in an event called "Tour de Beer" but you won't give us a little of your Belgium stash?????

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home